Saturday was Big Kids & Babies Day for Abby Grace. She was so excited to discover ways of taking care of her new baby brother. She had fun undressing, bathing and diapering her boy doll. He looked soooo real. He had all his parts and Abby just said "Ugh!" That's all she said about that. We didn't go into anything more but I'm sure when the "real" baby comes there will plenty of questions.
Abby also learned how to be the Safety Inspector for our home. They talked about what kind of things a baby could become choked on so she is baby proofing our house for us. They also discussed the differences between big kids and babies, how to hold a baby and ways to help Mommy & Daddy. We all took a tour and Abby got to see a newborn baby boy and talk to his Daddy. I think Abby had all the answers to the questions in class. We had to ask her to give the other children a chance. Sooo exciting!
After class we ventured out for lunch. We have never eaten at Red Robin before so we thought we'd give it a try. I think it has now become one of our favorite restaurants in town. Abby got two purple balloons, cheesburger & fries, strawberry lemonade and our waitress gave her a chocolate milkshake for her Big Sister Day! If you ever get the chance to eat at Red Robin go for it. We definitely give it two thumbs up!!
Last Wednesday I saw my Ob/Gyn and I am at 1 1/2 cm dialated. I am going every week now. On Monday there was no change. Andy is so very active! I can't believe the difference in this pregnancy and my first. I am 36 weeks today and very miserable to say the least. Walking has been extremely painful and I've given up on walking anywhere very much. (Store wheelchairs help a lot). If I go into labor now I would have to be admitted in the hospital. 36 weeks is still considered premature, so we're praying he'll at least hold off until after 37 weeks. At that point I can be admitted into the Birthing Center which everyone says is so much nicer than the hospital. They have jacuzzi bathtubs in every room at the Birthing Center. The babies stay in the room with Mommy at Wesley Hospital. This is called "rooming in". I'm praying I'll be able to get some rest after Andy is born.
We are going to our second of three refresher birthing classes tonight and should get a better tour of the facilities tonight. Abby is spending the night with Gran Gran & Pa for the second time tonight. She is really growing up and loves to stay with them in their camper. Gran Gran & Pa have been helping hang curtians, border, washing baby clothes, helping clean and cooking. We are so thankful to have their help right now. I'm feeling a little better about having things ready for Andy to come home from the hospital. I've been anxious to get things done but haven't been physically able.
The temperatures here are extremely cold (teens) with wind chills in the single digits. This past Saturday, Tom grilled hamburgers & brats and we all had a picnic on our table outside. What crazy weather!
Today we took a tour of two Elementary schools we can choose from for Abby. Abby was really excited about what she saw. One of our friends is a counselor at Vermillion Elem. Tom & I would be more comfortable know we have someone on the inside watching over her. Currently, this school is Preschool (disabled children) - 1st grades. In two years it will change to Pre-6th. We were very impressed with the technology being used in the schools and the amount of creativity that was going on. Each classroom has 4 computers in their rooms and they are looking forward to getting laptops next year. They have a wonderful computer lab, p.e. program and the music room consists of keyboards all around. The attention given to learning disabled children is amazing. Each regular classroom has an aide and all learning disabled children get their own aide as well.
Hope everyone is doing well. We've heard there has been a lot of sickness. Take care and we'll comment more as we have news.
Hey Teresa,Abby, and Tom! Yall are getting SO close to the Big Day! I cannot wait to see Mr.Andy! That is so neat about the Big Sister Class..great idea! Although I know Abby will be a wonderful big sister! Also.we LOVE Red Robin..it's one of our favorites here in Louisville! Thanks for keeping up with my Dad..things are going great, just going to be a long recovery but atleast he's still here. The weather has been crazy here as well..made everyone sick ;( I'm ready for spring! Keep me updated on Baby Andy's arrival..we will be praying he waits just one more week..I know that feeling! Love yall!
ReplyDelete