Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What a big boy you are!!

We took Andy for a check up today just to make sure his weight is ok. It turns out he's more than ok. He is tipping the scales at 9 lbs 14oz! This is proof that all this boy wants to do is nurse and I mean continuously.

Andy is sleeping during the day and night now and is up every 2 hrs to eat at night. Sometimes it takes 2 hrs to get him back to sleep and it's time to start all over again. The past 2 weeks have been quite a blur. Tom has been sick this past week with a horrible sore throat & laryngitis. He actually went to the dr twice and got medicine both times. He took Monday & today as sick days. You know he's feeling bad when he doesn't go to work. Last week was AFR's Share A Thon so it was difficult on Tom to speak on the air. (We are very thankful that listeners gave almost $40,000 towards KCFN) This is the largest amount since we've been here.

It's also been difficult on him not being able to get up close & personal with Andy and it's been hard on me not having some extra help. Thankfully I can cat nap here and there but the lack of sleep is really getting to me.

Abby was finally chosen to take the class stuffed mascot home. She is the last student in class to be chosen. I'm so proud of her. She has been looking forward to getting mouse all year long. She has never cried or complained. She gets to be line leader and prayer helper this week and she gets to bring things for Show & Tell and snack.

This week Abby's class will be talking about the beach. Thursday she can wear her beach/swimsuit and take her beach towel. She is very excited. Tom & I picked up a few bathing suits for her at Target this afternoon after our Pediatrician vist with Andy. The note her teacher sent home said to wear your beach attire. When Abby heard me read this she asked if she had to wear a "tire". I thought that was pretty cute.

Tom took Abby to see Monsters vs Aliens on Saturday. It was good for her to get out of the house and do something she would enjoy.

Abby is so in love with Andy and gives him kisses every day. She has to be right there for every diaper change and wants to see what "surprise" he has in his diaper. She has experienced a "shower" or two already and freaks out when that happens. He has quite the distance!

We are going to have terrific weather in the 80's this week with rain coming in on Sunday. I hope we can get out and stroll Andy around the lake. Although it's warmer the wind makes it a little cooler here. The Botanical Gardens here has a display of over 40,000 tulips in bloom. I'm hoping we can make it out to see those.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, he is to cute! I hope you are getting some rest! I think we are just to the point of a full nights sleep(whatever that maybe ;) I love the pics of Abby and Andy,it looks like they are going to be great friends! I can't wait to meet this boy!

    ReplyDelete