Mother's Day weekend was very busy. I finally got to get my hair cut on Saturday and managed to get a little shopping in as well. Tom did a great job playing Mr. Mom. I think he got a true dose of what it's like to be home with two children having needs at the same time. He was pretty tired by the time I got back home.
On Sunday, Abby gave me a beautiful card she made at preschool. It was just precious! Tom gave me a photo album with pics of the family and a cute watch. Later in the morning we all went to church and stood in front with other families in a Baby Dedication Service. We are so thankful God has blessed us with two beautiful, healthy children. We never dreamed we would be so blessed in our 18 yrs of marriage. Our anniversary is May 18th and it's overwhelming to think of the ups and downs we've had during our married life. These two babies are definitely the most wonderful part of our marriage. God is good!
We also moved our membership to Believers Southern Baptist Church on Sunday. We've been visiting this church off & on for quite some time. It's a small church and the people are very friendly. Abby enjoys going and has made so precious friends already. We are excited to become a part of a church who teaches the word of God. The pastor is the only person besides our birthing teacher who came to visit us in the hospital. It was very sweet of him to reach out to us during this time. You can tell he loves Jesus and he loves to minister to people.
We ate lunch at a new restaurant called Doc Greens. They just opened here on the West side this past week. They specialize in salads. This place is all about healthy eating. It was really good although I think the salad I ate didn't agree with Andy very well (nursing).
Later we had family pictures made. Andy didn't do to bad for his first time considering we had to wait a long time. He started getting hungry and fussed a little bit. Thank goodness for the paci. We put it in and took it out for the pics many times. I felt so bad "tricking" Andy that way.
After pictures we took Abby for an ice cream treat at Coldstone Creamery. She always gets the birthday cake flavor but this time she got the cheesecake which was yummy! I wonder what Andy's favorite flavor will be?
Enjoy the pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment