Monday, August 3, 2009

Abby's Checkup for Kindergarten

This morning we took Abby for her school checkup. Abby is now weighing 48 lbs and is 46 3/4 inches tall. She's in th 66 percentile in weight and 83rd percentile in height. Dr. Stucky looked her over very well and she looked fine. She had one shot (Hep A) and was a brave champ. Yeah, Abby! Oh, get this! I'm just now finding out that Wichita doesn't have floride in the water. Dr. Stucky wrote a script for floride so Abby would be covered. Have you ever heard of such? I thought every city had floride in their water systems.

I can't believe she'll be going into Kindergarten. Thankfully, she'll be going 1/2 day in the afternoon from 12:48-4:00 p.m. (not too long at all). Abby wants to ride the bus to school....there aren't any big kids riding then. But, in the afternoon on the way home I'll pick her up. We don't want to take a chance on what she might hear or see riding the bus home with the bigger kids. I know we can't shelter her forever, but we feel better doing this for now.

Last week I had an appointment with the Podiatrist. He confirmed that in fact I do have a stress fracture on my right foot and that the Radiologist didn't catch it when he read the films last week. So now I'm sporting a beautiful big shoe for one month. I'm praying I don't fall while I'm carrying Andy around, especially going up & down the stairs in the house. I'm suppose to not do anything that's weight bearing (Ha! Try carrying a 16 lb baby around all day.) I'm concerned this may be the beginning of a cycle with this foot since it was only 2 1/2 yrs ago I had my first stress fracture. The doctor said I just have a weak foot. I've really been wanting to start excercising at the Y. (Guess this limits what I can do now for sure!)

Andy's reflux is better, but we're still having issues with it at times. He's taking Prilosec which has to be compounded. The cost of this drug for a 30 day supply is $75. After having it filled at a special pharmacy I found out that our insurance doesn't cover it. Needless to say we are not happy about this. I talked to BCBS today and they don't cover any drugs that are compounded so we're out of luck. A baby can't take pills or capsules like an adult so it has to be formed into a liquid, compounding is the only way. So I guess we're stuck! It's definitely worth it if it helps Andy, it just doesn't make sense to me why they won't cover it! (Sorry to vent!) Hmm, I wonder if they'll cover this new drug I've been seeing that helps you grow eye lashes!

On another note, Andy turned 4 months old yesterday. So hard to believe! We've started giving him a little cereal. He really likes it! We'll see how things go with that. He seemed a little gassy last night and his face broke out. Abby got to feed Andy and she thought that was totally awesome. She said, "I'm feeding my little brother!" She loves and kisses on him every day. He thinks she hung the moon and watches her every move. If he's upset and crying and Abby touches him and talks to him, he immediately calms down. She's got the magic touch!


Tom and I are doing pretty good. He's still recovering and I'm hopping along. We're both trying to keep up the pace and take care of these precious kiddos. We're so thankful to have them in our lives. We're so blessed! God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment