Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Our main objective this weekend was to clean the house! Needless to say we did get some cleaning done but not like we wanted. We went to church Sunday and afterwards ate with the pastor, his wife and some other friends we've made that are from Memphis, TN. Sunday night we went to a couples house we met through Abby's preschool (last day of preschool was Tuesday). They have two sons and Grayson is Abby's best bud. Another couple came who's daughter Anna is also in Abby's class. We had a great time visiting and getting to know them better.

Our friends from Memphis, will be moving in a couple of weeks to Oxford, Mississippi. We are sad that our timing hasn't been better. They have 4 children, twin girls and two boys. Monday afternoon Tom, Abby & Andy went to their house for a cookout while I stayed home sick and slept. Abby had a terrific time playing with all of the kids there. This was Tom's first outing with both of our kids. I think it went pretty well except for one diaper explosion!

Monday morning I woke up with extremely swollen lymph nodes and in a lot of pain. I went to the ER since there weren't any Dr. offices open with it being a holiday. I went back to the Dr. on Tuesday, because my throat was swelling and I was having trouble swallowing. I don't have strep or mono but their is obviously some infection going on in my body. Lack of sleep and being run down doesn't help matters any. I haven't been able to drink or eat much in the last 3 days. Tonight has been a little better, but I'm still in a lot of pain and having trouble swallowing.

It's really hard taking care of a newborn and a 5 yr old when your feeling so bad. I'm praying they don't get it and that this horrible pain will go away and I'll be feeling better soon. I've got pain medicine but I can't take it during the day and take care of the kids. Hopefully, my antibiotic will kick in soon.

Here are a few pics I thought you would enjoy. Andy is doing great and being a lot more vocal now. He keeps us all laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment