We took Andy for his two month check up on Wednesday. He is getting so big! He weighs 14 lbs and is 24 inches long. He's drinking 6 oz of milk in most bottles, but takes 4 oz during his night feedings because he's soooo sleepy. I can't believe he is already 2 months old and he's wearing 3-6 month clothing. I think he could probably start wearing his 6-9 mo already. I noticed the weight on most 6-9 mo clothing is 12.5-16 lbs. I'll have to try a few things on to see how they fit. I don't have many 6-9 mo clothing for summer. I never dreamed he would be able to wear those so soon.
Andy had his 2 month shots, with 3 sticks and an oral med. He cried for just a minute. It always hurts to see your child go through this. He slept most of the day yesterday and is running a fever tonight. I hope we're not in for a long night tonight.
Andy's swelling in his left testicle looks smaller, but the hydrocele is still there as well as the right side. Our ped. said the urology report says there could be a possible hernia there but you can't tell until you get in there to see during surgery. She advised us to keep a close watch on him and if he starts crying severely, running temp, vomiting or notice any bulges we should get him to the ER immediately. We are still praying for God to heal him so he won't have to have surgery. The urologist won't do surgery until he's older than 3 months. We are still going to wait and see what happens.
Abby has been going to VBS all week and has had a blast! The theme has been Crocodile Dock. Friday night they will have their program and a swimming party at the YMCA for all participants. She's looking forward to that. Outback Steakhouse is catering hamburgers for the kids as well.
Our friend Katie Salsbury's husband is coming home from Iraq tonight. They have four children. We've been praying for a safe return for him. I can only imagine how excited they all are to have him home. Praise God!
Our white van has been out of commission for a week. I've been without a vehicle again, but we're adjusting. Looks like it's a major computer problem and will cost big bucks to fix. This couldn't come at a worse time since we're planning on coming home 3 weeks from today. Please pray that gas prices will not continue to increase.
No comments:
Post a Comment