Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tough Times

Well I've made my way down in the basement at 12:00 am looking at pictures Tom put on the blog. Thankfully he didn't break his leg tonight as he fell down the first 5 steps on his way to the basement. I don't know what we would do if he gets hurt.

I got my cast off last Tuesday but I'm now in a giant boot for 4 more weeks. I'm still not able to drive and I'm having trouble getting up & down out of the floor. I believe I've hurt my left knee and ankle putting so much stress on them to compensate for my right foot. At least I'm able to take the boot off which has made bathing much easier. I'm thankful the break wasn't worse and I didn't need surgery. My doctor told me not to put any weight on my foot the first 2 weeks. I wanted to ask her if she was going to pay for a nanny because I have a 4 mo old (at that time) baby to take care off. Needless to say I had to put weight on it to take care of Andy and Abby. My ankle is healing but the break is still visible on the x-rays. I'm trying to do exercises to get the stiffiness out, but it still hurts. Thanks for everyones prayers during this time. I know things could always be much worse but it has been a difficult few weeks. Not only for me but especially for Tom. He's had to play Mr. Mom as well. I'm so thankful for him. It's been a very stressful time for him working and taking care of all of us plus housework too. I wish we could afford to pay someone to help with the cleaning around here. It's about to drive me crazy, but I guess it will eventually get done.

I go back to the doctor mid October. Before then Abby Grace will be turning 6 years old and Andy will be turning 6 months. I am so blown away by how good God is and how blessed we are. Yes, thing have been trying around here but God is in control and He is good. I have two beautiful, healthy children to remind me of that every day.

Andy went to the Cardiologist last Friday regarding his heart murmur and everything turned out great! They did an EKG and Echo. The Dr. said she didn't see any reason for Andy to return unless our Pediatrician heard any changes later on. Praise the Lord!

Abby is doing great in school. We had our first Parent/Teacher meetings last week and she's doing above average on some tests they have given. We are soooooo proud of her attitude in school toward others and how she is progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment