I am totally exhausted from a long birthday week. Abby turned 6 on October 7th and Tom turned 40 something on October 9th! Since I haven't been able to drive, Tom had the honor of driving me around for b-day supplies & presents this week. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
Abby took cookies to school on Wednesday and had a great time at school. Before school we went to IHOP for brunch (upon her request). For Tom's b-day on Friday we went to Olive Garden and enjoyed a wonderful meal. (Seems like when we eat out it's always McDonald's).
The past few days have been strangely cold here in Wichita so I needed to get the kids some warmer clothes. We shopped a little on Saturday at Old Navy and picked up some jogging outfits for Abby and a couple of hats for Andy's little bald head. At Target we got some warmer sleepers for Andy.
Sunday we went to church then got everything decorated for Abby's princess party there. She had a wonderful time with her friends from pre-school, church and Kindergarten. It's hard to believe how big she's getting! She was very emotional last night at bed time, because she missed having her family & friends from KY at her party. After 2 years here it's still difficult.
Today we took Andy for his 6 month check-up. He weighs 19 lbs (70 1/2%) and is 28 inches tall. He's in the 87 1/2% among babies his age on height. I'm hoping he'll continue the tall trend! Maybe he get's that from my grandpa! The doctor said he's very healthy (as you can tell from the pics) and is right on track developmentally. Andy's even started jabbering....Mama, Mama! It's so wonderful to hear even though he hasn't really put it together with me yet. We're so thankful for a great report. He is a very happy baby & smiles all the time!!!! He had 3 shots today and cried a little...not too bad. I'm praying the rest of the day & week goes well.
Tomorrow, I go to the Orthopaedic surgeon about my ankle. I'm praying she says I can take my boot off and start driving. My foot is still very stiff & sore. Yesterday, my foot was swollen because I partied too much. Being able to drive will help Tom out tremendously and help my sanity as well! I've had to depend on him for everything. He's been such a blessing. I know it's been really stressful for him.
Next week is Share-A-Thon at the radio station so there is a lot to do in preparing for that. We will be having two cookouts next Friday with moonwalks for the kids and an outdoor concert. Please pray for Tom as this will be a busy & stressful week.
Tom, Abby & I are still battling the cold /allergy stuff. Hopefully the cold temps will kill the "bugs" around here. Wichita had a new record of 34 degrees on Saturday. That was the coldest on that day since 1932. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come this winter! We've already been running our heat.
We miss you all very much and wish we could see you more often! You'll have to come see us some time. We won't be coming home for Christmas in December. We'll miss seeing everyone, but it will be wonderful making our first memories under the Christmas tree at home this year with Abby & Andy! Take care & God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment