I can't believe I haven't blogged since Christmas. It will be Valentine's Day this weekend. Where did January go? We spent a week and a half out of January being sick. Abby ended up in the hospital for two days. She was complaining of a terrible stomach ache after Awanas one Wed night and started throwing up at 10 p.m. and was still sick Thursday afternoon. She couldn't keep anything in her little body. Tom took her to the Dr. twice that day. Unfortunately our Pediatrician was not there that day. Abby was given Zofran to calm things down and couldn't keep it down and we didn't even attempt the antibiotic. The NP said she tested positive for strep and that vomiting was a symptom. Abby never once complained of her throat hurting. Tom took her to the Dr. a second time for an antibiotic shot and they were sent to a compounding pharmacy to get Phenagrin topical drug to rub on her wrists. (For some reason this Ped office will not prescribe Phen. suppositories) I was highly upset. Abby was begging to go to the hospital by the afternoon. So finally around 6:00 p.m. we were going to be admitted. She ended up being very dehydrated and begging for an IV. She told the nurse to "Get this show on the road." I told her that once she started getting fluids in her body she wouldn't be as hungry or thirsty. You know she was sick if she was begging for it. We ended up having a rough couple of days. Abby finally took a turn for the better on Saturday afternoon. The Dr. came in early Sat. morning thinking she had picked up a stomach bug as well, possibly from being in the hospital. Who knows? We were so glad to finally be home.
Tom & I took turns being with Abby. He would stay at night and I would take the day shift. It was hard on Andy as well. Thankfully, we had a couple of families we could lean on during such a stressful time. Andy loved being around other families but he knew something wasn't quite right. It was extremely hard for me to come home to an empty house w/ just Andy and myself. I don't ever want to feel that way again!
The next week Tom started feeling really bad and eventually Andy & I had a little of the "stomach bug" as well. Nothing like what poor little Abby had. Our stomachs were just a little upset for the next week.
We have had quite a lot of snow and Abby has been out of school for a couple of days. The first snow we got this year left us w/ about 4 inches and this week we got 6. Abby finally got to make a pretty good snowman. She was sooo excited! We got Andy out for a little while last week. He wasn't quite sure what to think. I had a snowball in my hand and he decided to lick it and didn't mind the coldness of it at all. We put Andy in the snow saucer w/ Abby for Tom to pull a short distance and they fell over. Andy didn't care for that too much.
We had the Wright family over for a Super Bowl party last Sunday night. We enjoyed pizza, chips & dip, bbq wings and cheesecake. Abby, her buddy Grayson and his brother Garrison also enjoyed the game and commercials. They had a lot of fun.
I went for a check up last week at the Rheumatologist and everything seems to be going ok so far. I haven't heard anything back from my blood & urine tests. So hopefully no news is good news. I will have to go every 6 weeks for testing since I'm currently taking a very powerful drug for RA. I've had a few days of dealing w/ the nausea. Hopefully, it will all be worth it.
Last week was also parent/teacher conf. at Abby's school. Her teacher said she's doing great and to keep up the great work. She told us that Abby is a leader and loves to help others. She's really above where she should be mid-year. We're so proud of her!!
We go to make Valentine's boxes this past weekend. Abby & I went on a search for just the right accessories to make her box look just right. She had a ball shopping for her accessories as well as making it. I know she'll have a great time Friday during her party at school.
Andy went for his 10 month check up this week. I can't believe it!! He's doing great at a whopping 22 lbs 3 oz and measuring 29 inches now. Developmentally, he's right on track as well. He received part two of his flu shot today and a hemoglobin stick which checked out ok. We don't have to go back until he's 14 months now and he'll get 4 shots then. Definitely not look forward to that day.
Next month Tom has a managers meeting in Tupelo, MS. It looks like we'll be headed home March 10th, hopefully arriving on the 11th. Tom will have to go on to MS, but the kids and I will be staying w/ the Madding's. They have so graciously opened their home up to us. Abby's Spring break is the following week.
After a couple days in MS, Tom will arrive back just in time for Andy's 1st b-day party on March 14th. His birthday isn't until April 2nd, but we couldn't resist having a party without friends & family at home. It will be exciting to see everyone there! We are praying for everyone to be well (us and our friends and family). We will not be traveling if the kids are sick or if there is a lot of sickness going around. We've been there & done that already!
I'll try to post pics and get Tom to put some video up very soon. Hope everyone is enjoying the snow back home. It sure has been beautiful here but I think I'm ready for a little warmer weather. It will be in the single digits tonight, possibly a wind chill factor as well. I'll try to do better about posting. Hopefully, we will have a healthier month. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment