I can't believe it's been since the first of Novemeber since I posted anything. Tom & I have been really busy. I've been working again part-time while Mom has kept Andy. One of us has been sick at least every other week around here and I've had several Dr. appointments to finish up the year. Tom has been busy promoting concerts here in Wichita and trying to keep things running at the station.
Abby has been sick with sinus and stomach stuff the past month. She's been looking forward to Christmas break. I think she's already worn out with school and has actually been asking to be home schooled. We've got our work cut out for us next Fall. She'll be going all day instead of half day to school. In one weekend she went to our KCFN Christmas party, Curious George Live show, Matthew West & Veggie Tale concert and the Nutcracker Ballet.
We've had some horribly low temps with high winds a few days. Tom & I have tagged teamed taking Abby to and from school so she doesn't have to ride the cold bus. It's been hard enough keeping her well.
On another note, I was so sad that they didn't have a Christmas party at school. I always looked forward to Christmas at school. They didn't even have a music program. They made a cd of songs to sell the parents in order to make money for the school. The last week of school they got to wear their pj's to school, watch Polar Express and drink hot chocolate and eat cookies. In the Spring they will have a "Spring" party. I don't know how they'll handle Valentines day, I guess she'll miss having that as well.
Andy is getting so big! He weighs 21.4 1lbs now and loves to attempt walking as we hold his hands. He's not crawling yet, but does attempt with a little help pushing off of our hands. He likes to wiggle on his back to get around some. He still has the most awesome smile and cracks up watching Abby running around. Those two are going to be quite the show when he's bigger. He's finally over a cold as well.
Tom & I got to see Michael W. Smith in concert a few weeks back and he took Abby to the Matthew West/ Veggie Tale show. KCFN had a Christmas open house on December 19th and several people stopped in to say hello and sign up for "give aways". Tom went to the Dr. and got a shot a couple of weeks ago and has been on some pretty powerful antibiotics. He's feeling better but still battling sinus congestion.
I found out I definitely have Rheumtoid Arthritis about a month ago. They thought I had it last year before I found out I was pregnant, but my Rheumatologist didn't think my numbers supported that diagnosis at the time. After going back last month, my numbers have doubled and I'm in the early stages of RA. I started medication a month ago that I take once a week. It makes me extremely tired and affects my stomach occasionally. I haven't noticed much of a change as of yet. The combonation of RA & Fibromyalgia makes many days very painful to deal with, but I have to keep going for my family. I'm thankful for a husband who understands and helps when he can.
It's been great having Mom & Dad here the last couple of months. They've got to spend a lot of time with Abby & Andy while they've been here. I'm hoping Andy will remember who they are the next time he sees them. They have played and laughed so much together. Pa has helped get Abby on & off the bus many afternoons for me and they've enjoyed her favorite restaraunt (McDonald's) a few times. Abby has spent the night a couple of nights with them in their camper and has had a blast! They plan on leaving January 4th. We'll miss them terribly.
Dad has been tackling a project for the past month in our basement bathroom. The past owners did a horrible job and had paneling up. Our shower wasn't installed properly and the bottom had cracked. Dad took all the paneling down, sheet rocked, painted and repaired the shower floor. It's definitely been a messy job and that's probably one of the reasons I haven't posted. The basement has been covered with white dust everywhere. It doens't look like the same bathroom. Just a few touch ups left and it will be great! Thanks Dad for all of your hard work. I know there were many days you didn't feel like doing anything but you worked on it anyway. It will be great to be able to use that shower again!
Well, it's Christmas Eve and were are spending our first Christmas in KS. Last Christmas was so difficult. With us flying home, me pregnant and getting sick, it definitely was not the Christmas I want to remember! Today we're having blizzard conditions with a few inches of snow and winds blowing up the 50 mph. Tonight the temp will be down to 12 degrees and I'm sure the wind chill will be way below normal. We certainly miss being home to see our family, but it's nice to be home and have Christmas under our own tree and not have to be anywhere. (no offense Meme & Aunt Sherry). We haven't spent Christmas with my parents the past two years. They are staying at their camper tonight to make sure things don't freeze because the temps are so cold. They'll be back in the a.m @ 9:00 and we'll have a country ham breakfast. The plan for tomorrow is opening presents, eating potato soup and ham/swiss rolls and maybe catch a nap!
It's our prayer that everyone get an opportunity to spend quality time with their family and friends this Christmas! Remember, it's not about the presents but about a baby born in Bethlehem who came to die for our sins. We pray that you know Him as your Savior this Christmas. Do you know where you'll go if you were to die tonight? My Mom called a few minutes ago to tell me her cousins husband died today while visiting his daughter & grandchildren with his wife in FL. We aren't guaranteed another moment. Make His gift be the best gift of all! Ask Jesus into your heart today.
Sorry this is so long but it's been a long time. Love you all and Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment